Calamity Alert!!! We’ve had our first Health and Safety event at The Baby Pantry – Robyn had a nasty collision with a sharp object. Poor Robyn!
Like every accident since time began, it happened in a flash. She was telling me a funny story and reaching across to remove the chopping blade from the kitchen whizz, when she let out an almighty Ouch! and raced over to the sink. I have to say I wasn’t sure where the “Ouch” fitted into the story and vaguely remember thinking, “gee, I haven’t seen her move that fast in a long time” – it took me a good 10 seconds to realise she’d cut herself badly on the chopping blade and was at the sink trying to avoid bleeding out. Poor Robyn!
Robyn’s accident was a timely reminder for both of us to be careful when working in the kitchen, to be mindful of the number of kitchen utensils that have the potential to hurt, cut or maim (seriously thinking of starting a new TV series, “When Good Appliances Go Bad”). It’s the same thing at home too, a moment’s inattention can result in a nasty gash, burn or fall and could have a serious effect on your health and wellbeing.
Now, Robyn is unable to wash dishes (finger stings like mad when immersed in water…), can’t empty the dishwasher (bandage/plaster may get wet….), is reluctant to clean the toilet area (germs could enter wound…) and can’t chop vegetables for a while (pressure could open nasty cut…). POOR Sharon!
Written by Sharon - The one without the blue paster!
The Baby Pantry strives to be totally sustainable but while the packaging we need is not currently available in NZ we're using sanitised clear plastic pottles which are BPA-free, recyclable and reuseable. In the meantime, we've thought of some idea that will keep these pottles out of the waste-cycle for longer. Read more.